Device Discover, Add & Configure
Scroll to read answers to the most frequently asked question related to Qcenz smart device discovery & configuration
- Device addition failed. What should I do?
- Ensure device is in pairing mode. Follow instructions to put device in pairing mode
- Switch off Mobile data on phone when adding device
- Make sure router configured in Qcenz app is turned on
- If the router supports dual-band, configure separate SSID for 2.4GHz & 5GHz bands. SSID for 2.4GHz band should be configured in Qcenz app
- Re-check the SSID and password to eliminate spelling mistakes and extra spaces
- Ensure Qcenz device location is in the WiFi router range. Consider using a WiFi range extender or setup an Access Point to increase range
- Check if phone WiFi settings -> Saved Networks displays any network with name like ‘MH_XXX’. Forget this network and try to add again
- If you have multiple routers, please turn off all other routers (other than the one you want to pair Qcenz device) and try to add again
- What is Pairing mode?
Devices are usually in operation mode i.e. a switch or socket will only turn on / off on physical touch or when issued an appropriate command via mobile app if it is already paired.
Pairing is the process of pairing the device with WiFi router and Qcenz mobile app. This ensures the device and Qcenz app can communicate with each other via the WiFi router.
- How to enable pairing mode?
The process of enabling pairing mode on Qcenz devices differs based on device types
- If device has power / reset button for e.g. Mini Smart Switch, keep it pressed for 10 seconds. LED light starts blinking quickly to indicate device is in pairing mode
- If device type is Switch / Curtain Controller / Calling Bell / Dimming Controller / IR Blaster / Yale Lock Controller – turn off and turn on power supply to the device. On restart, WiFi light blinks or keeps changes colour between red & green to indicate pairing mode
- When will device exit pairing mode?
The pairing mode in Qcenz devices is temporary and will revert to operation mode after
- If device has power / reset button for e.g. Mini Smart Switch – pairing mode expires after 5 minutes
- If device type is Switch / Curtain Controller / Calling Bell / Dimming Controller / IR Blaster / Yale Lock Controller – pairing mode expires after 40 minutes
- What happens if we have a power cut during pairing mode?
In case of power outage, the following will happen
- If device has power / reset button for e.g. Mini Smart Switch – device reverts to operation mode after restart. The process of enabling pairing mode has to be repeated in this case
- If device type is Switch / Curtain Controller / Calling Bell / Dimming Controller / IR Blaster / Yale Lock Controller – pairing continues to be in pairing mode. Pairing mode expires after 40 minutes
- Is voice assistant supported?
Qcenz devices work seamlessly with Amazon Alexa, Google Home & Assistant voice assistance platforms. Additionally you can communicate with your Qcenz devices in English & your Indian regional language from Qcenz mobile app using the mic icon
- Voice commands are supported in which languages?
Apart from English, the following Indian regional languages are currently supported in the Qcenz mobile app – Hindi, Punjabi, Bengali, Oriya, Gujarati, Marathi, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam